- Poor diet - A diet that's high in fat, salt, sugar and cholesterol can contribute to the development of heart disease.
- High blood pressure - Uncontrolled high blood pressure can result in hardening and thickening of your arteries, narrowing the vessels through which blood flows.
- High blood cholesterol levels - High levels of cholesterol in your blood can increase the risk of formation of plaques and atherosclerosis.
- Diabetes - Diabetes increases your risk of heart disease. Both conditions share similar risk factors, such as obesity and high blood pressure.
- Obesity - Excess weight typically worsens other risk factors.
- Physical inactivity - Lack of exercise also is associated with many forms of heart disease and some of its other risk factors, as well.
- Stress - Unrelieved stress may damage your arteries and worsen other risk factors for heart disease.
- Poor hygiene - Not regularly washing your hands and not establishing other habits that can help prevent viral or bacterial infections can put you at risk of heart infections, especially if you already have an underlying heart condition. Poor dental health also may contribute to heart disease.
CLICK HERE FOR LIFESTYLE MODIFICATIONS FOR HEART ATTACK PREVENTION
Acclaimed Heart and Vascular Center
We deliver excellent care with compassion after discussing your health and treatment plan with simplicity.
DISCLAIMER: THIS WEBSITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE
The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.